Luxury Senior Living Communities
In Kendall, Coral Gables & Homestead
Is looking for
A 200-bed Assisted Living & Memory Care Community
3100 NE 8 Street, Homestead
(Across the Street from Baptist Homestead Hospital)
Winner of Silver award for
Best Assisted Living & Memory Care on the Boards
by the National Association of Homebuilders 55+, 2016
The #1 Priority of this position is…
Prepare & handle meals under the direction of the Chef, in accordance with the daily production schedule, to the satisfaction of the supervisor & residents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to estimate quantities of food required
- Order inventory and rotate food items as needed.
- Meet meal schedules.
- Apportion food items based on diet order and residents’ food preferences.
- Properly store & label food items.
- Maintain sanitation standards & food handling procedures based on County, State & Federal regulations.
- 2 years’ experience in quantity cooking in an institutional kitchen with mechanical food service equipment.
- Culinary school student or graduate, preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent, preferred. Basic math skills required.
- Ability to follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Must be able to speak, read & write English. Spanish, preferred.
- Ability to practice The Palace Principles (“Teamwork”, “Safety” & “Ask! Don’t Assume!”)
The Ideal Candidate
- Polite, responsible, always on time, resourceful, accurate & conscientious.
- Flexible as to work schedule. Must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays & in emergencies
- Work in a safe and responsible manner, including taking precautions & safe work practices.
- Obey the established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management & security
- Report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair & maintenance needs.
- Able to apply common-sense understanding to carry out oral or written instructions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently AND as a team member.
- Follow up with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding complaints, problems & concerns.
- Demonstrate good verbal communications & interpersonal skills.
- Pay Type Hourly