Cook - Cariad at Village Creek
Elmington Senior Living is looking for a Cook at the Cariad at Village Creek location!
As the Cook you will prepare and cook food for residents, following established sanitation, safety and dietary procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares food in quantities according to the menu, recipe and number of persons to be Makes any needed substitutions per dietary standards and documents as required.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to various workstations as
- Prepares plates for residents from steam table.
- Distributes supplies, utensils and other portable
- Cleans work areas (including sweeping and mopping of floors), equipment and utensils according to the proper
- Washes cooking equipment, including pots, pans, dishes and utensils as
- Removes garbage as
- Stores food in designated areas.
- Monitors and records temperatures in refrigerators and
- Reports any issues or problems that may arise to
- Complies with state and federal sanitation standards.
- Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety
- Attends in-services and other required
- Performs other duties and tasks as
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS of this position are generally as follows:
- Occasional supervision of Dietary Aides/Dishwashers at the direction of the Dietary/Food Service
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High School diplomaor
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience in food preparation preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and
- Previous experience in a long-term care or hospital setting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Reading Ability - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Written Communication - Able to write clearly and informatively.
- Verbal Communication - Able to talk to others to convey information
- Reasoning Ability - Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple written or oral
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Math Ability - Knowledge of arithmetic and its Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Safety - Observes safety procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials
- Organizational Support - Follows company policies and
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; advises for additional resources if
- Attendance/Punctuality - Arrives to work/meetings on
- Dependability - Completes tasks accurately and on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Pots/pans, cutlery, including knives, forks and spoons, gas/electric stove and/or oven, broilers, steamer, microwave oven, fryer, toaster, blender and other kitchen equipment.