Actuarial Analyst - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Is it time to raise your game? Are you ready to take on a more advanced role in tracking and effectively managing risk? As a member of our high-performance actuarial team, you'll help support UnitedHealth Group's growth and financial goals and while you help shape our future. As an Actuarial Analyst, you will be empowered, supported, and encouraged to use your actuarial expertise as you perform financial analysis and build models that improve health plan competitiveness. You'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze and interpret quantitative data to create and review monthly / quarterly and ad hoc exhibits based on detailed data sets
- Perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling that provides management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Perform data mining and analysis that impacts foundational pricing of health care costs and risk assumptions
- Provide accurate premium rate development
The challenges here are significant. You’ll be part of an intensely driven and focused team that is accountable for constantly improving business results. You’ll be a trusted subject matter expert who’s called on to incorporate traditional expertise into novel, cutting edge actuarial solutions.
- Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed
- May oversee some work activities of other analysts
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed 2 or more Actuarial exams
- 3+ years of experience working in a corporate environment including experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing qualitative/quantitative data
- Expertise working with formulas, calculations, charts, graphs in MS Excel
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries; or steady progress toward designation
- 4+ years actuarial experience in finance or health care industry
- Experience in working with large datasets
- Proficiency with SQL (Structured Query Language) or SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and/or VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) or similar data tools such as Access
- Ability to communicate effectively, including written and verbal forms of communication
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Actuarial Science
- Big Data
- Data Science