Vice President - Mortgage Model Development
A top American Investment Bank is hiring strong candidates for their Front Office Strats and Modeling team that will cover the hands-on model development of mortgage models and sit within their Wealth Management business line.
This hire will be responsible for serving as a senior member of this lean team that develops models from scratch for financial products such as bank deposits, mortgage lending, retail lending, and investments. There will be a large focus on developing valuation and risk models, analysis of current existing models, developing analytics using quantitative techniques, and working with Portfolio Managers to analyze and advise on management of risk positions.
The firm is ideally looking for VP-level candidates with at least 5+ years of experience building risk models from scratch with ideally a PhD or Master's degree in a quantitative field, and strong programming skills in Python.
- Developing risk and valuation models and tools for the Firm's revenue generating activities
- Enhancing and analyzing existing models
- Developing analytics using complex quantitative methods and techniques
- Working closely with Portfolio Managers on analyzing and managing risk positions
- PhD or Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience developing mortgage models from scratch
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience working with large data sets
- Big Data
- Computer Programming
- Data Analysis
- Front Office