Diesel Truck Mechanic
Here at Dunleavy's Truck & Trailer Repair, we are a family owned and operated top tier truck and trailer repair shop in western Connecticut for the past 31 years. We provide our customers with top notch service with road service and in shop diagnostics and repairs. We are looking to expand our business by hiring quality Diesel Technicians / Mechanics. We are a fast paced business that needs to grow quickly! We are looking for a full time road service diesel mechanic and or a full time in shop mechanic, or both. Come join the team and be a part of the family!
Wage Potential: $42,000.00 to $100,000.00 DOE per year. Sign on bonus to be discussed!
- Medical benefits (Aflac etc)
- Very flexible with personal time needed
- NO vaccine or mask requirements!
- Perform mechanical repairs and diagnostics on and off the road (for road service tech).
- Diagnose, assess and repair a wide array of vehicles such as Ford Powerstroke diesels, to Caterpillar C16 engines.
- Diagnose, assess and repair transmission systems, air and hydraulic brakes, ABS systems, hydraulic systems, transmissions, HVAC systems, electrical systems etc.
- Perform and/or assists in the performance of general mechanical duties.
- Clean shop & shop vehicles.
- Wear multiple hats. Be able to talk comprehensively with customers, write up job sales orders, invoicing, process payments and order parts.
- Be able to work solo or as a part of a team.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to use OEM or non OEM diagnostic software. (Shop provides scan tools)
- Valid Driver's license, CDL preferred but not required.
- Pass background check and drug test.
- Have a minimum of three years’ hands-on experience. HVAC, braking systems including ABS and DOT Annual Inspector Certifications
- Be determined, have a willingness to grow & learn.
- Have your own tools and are willing to buy more. Necessary tools up to 1/2 drive or greater required.
Dunleavy's Road Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Diagnostic Skills
- Electrical Installation Work
- Monitoring And Installation Of Braking Systems